The Central Maipo Valley is one of Chile's largest and most important agricultural centers. In the 16th century Spanish conquistadors chose this location to found their new settlement of Santiago because of its very fertile lands and the natural defense provided by the Andes and Coastal mountain ranges. Due to Chile's geographical isolation from the rest of the civilized world at this time, the ability to easily farm a wide variety of crops was vital to the success of the settlers. To this day, the Maipo Valley provides Chile and the world with high quality wine, fruit, vegetables, olive oil, micro-beer, vinegar and grains as well as a deep cultural and historical significance. Just 35 minutes southwest of Santiago, the Casona Carrera provides a unique opportunity to go back in time and live the life of a 19th-century, landed aristocrat, enjoying the fruitful bounty of all that the Maipo Valley has to offer.
Client activities and experiences
Book these regularly available activities when you make your reservation. Please contact us for pricing.
- Cooking classes of traditional Chilean dishes, using the best local ingredients.
- Vineyard visits for tours, tastings, harvest activities, wine blending experiences, lunches.
- Micro-brewery visits for tours, tastings and lunches.
- Vineyard horseback riding.
The following activities can be arranged with advance notice and subject to availability:
- Premium Vineyard visits for premium tastings, private tastings, winemaker tastings.
- Day trips to the Pacific coast including Valparaiso, Viña del Mar, Isla Negra (house of Nobel Prize poet Pablo Neruda).
Group / corporate activities
For larger groups from tour operators, universities, schools, corporations and other organizations, we can organize the following activities.
- Lunches and dinners paired with locally produced beer and wine.
- Cooking classes: great for fun or team building.
- Horseback excursions from the casona to local vineyards or local trails.
- Vineyard visits with tastings for wine blending activities, harvest activities, and premium tastings with winemakers.
- Wine tastings on site hosted by professional winemakers and sommeliers.
- Artisan (micro) beer tastings on site by professional brewmasters.
The grounds offer 10 exclusive acres of manicured gardens, fruit orchards, open fields, a spring-fed lagoon and old growth trees to provide natural shade.